Wednesday, May 22, 2013

#alcoholic

 http://s3.favim.com/orig/46/alcohol-cool-disco-drink-party-Favim.com-418175.jpg

"I've got an alcohol problem, everytime I go out with my friends I drink a lot and in the other day I can't remember a thing. I can't stop drinking, not to mention that I'm spending too much money on alcohol. What do I do? Please help me. Kristen."

Hi Kristen, many people have this problem but most not assume, congrats for having courage.
First of all try to spend some time without drinking, for you to know if you're addicted. If you are, consider looking for your family help, if you're not just try to do some things that I'm gonna tell you.

A good way to stop drinking or at least reduce the frequency, is going out with friends that don't drink. As they'll not drink you probably will not too, works as an influence on you. What's the point of drinking alone, right?

When you're out with friends that drink consider limiting the amount of money you have on you and leave your credit card at home. Hold yourself to that amount, you're gonna think twice before you order another expensive alcohol drink.

You could also start with drinking a coca or other non alcoholic drinks. If you start by drinking a soda instead of drinking an alcoholic drink first, you will reduce the chance of you getting drunk quickly.

Alternatively, try to stay busy.  A big reason for drinking continuously from whatever is in front of you is lack of activity and sitting or standing next to a drink. Dancing, talking, playing pool or darts, can all keep you occupied over and above the drinking. You may even forget to drink.

Most importantly, has own domain. Know how control yourself in parties and dinners around people that are drinking. If you know that's gonna make you feel bad in the other day try to avoid or pass the limit.

Hope this helps. Good luck and don't give up!



No comments:

Post a Comment