Sunday, September 29, 2013

#memoriesalive

          "I was talking to some friends yesterday, and I remembered of one day that was a turning point on my life. Everytime I remember that day I smile, cause It was one of the greatest moments I ever lived.

          When I was younger, I used to skate. I was part of a team called Capital Speed, it was a speed skating team and I was the best of the country on my category. I would train five days a week and used to go to the gym three days a week, my life was all about skating.



          I used to train in the Parque da Cidade Sara Kubitschek in Brasília, on the parking lot 7. It was very dangerous cause there's always cars passing by, and for several times athletes were almost hit.

          In 2008 there was a championship in Rio de Janeiro, the Brazilian Championship. I was getting prepared for that event for about six months, and at the time it arrived I got really nervous. I had       stomachaches, headaches, nauseas... the whole trip was extremely exciting and agitated.
        


           In that championship I've got five races: 100 meters against the clock, 300 meters, 500 meters, 800 meters and 1000 meters. All my effort and dedication finally paid back, I won the five races and got the trophy of best athlete female menors.



          It was definitely a unforgettable moment. When the medals were on my neck and the trophy on my hands, it was the best feeling of satisfaction and pride that I ever had in my life.


         I miss that time, I was very happy and I would have a lot of fun in the competitions with my friends. I used to travel for others states and meet new people that have the same passion that I did. It's all gone now, but I keep the memories alive."
          
       
        

No comments:

Post a Comment